- 1/2 Lb of Trim & 1-2 Ozís Of primo heads
- Large Cooking Pot
- 300- 500 grams of Butter ( use real butter you buy in sticks not tubbed margarine )
- Colander ( itís a kind of strainer )
- Cheese cloth ( or stockings )
- 10 Liters of Water
- Thick pair of gloves ( optional )
1) First we want to take a bit of the chlorophyll out of the leaf / buds in general so to do that we want to soak our goods in some luke warm water for about 5-10 minutes and then drain it out, the first time you do this you will notice the water is very green this is the chlorophyll coming out and what we want , repeat this process 2 or 3 times or untill the water is allot less green. This process is not a must and not necessary at all if you are using old cured / brown leaf however if your using fresh leaf/trim or buds are in the mix it will dramatically improve the taste of the cannabutter and will pay off in your recipes. I would like to thank pipeman and oz stoner for adding this step to my process I couldn't be happier with the results since :)
2) Now we have prepaired our goods fill your pot about 3/4's full ( for my messurements you want about 8 -10 liters) of water and bring it to a boil
3) Once the water has come to a boil you then want to add your trim and adjust the water if need be so that all of the leaf matter is completely soaking in the water, otherwise anything not submerged will not have it;s thc drawn out .
4) Once your water level is right add the butter as a whole or cut up and continue to slow boil the potís contents for about 30 minutes.
5) Bring the pot to a low simmer and allow it to brew for a minimum of 6 hours ( over 8 is better) checking on it every 30 mins to ensure the water level has not dropped too much and topping it up if it has
6) Once your simmer is done get your colander and cheese cloth (stockings if your using them) ready and set it out in front of you. What I like to do is cover the bottom of the colander with the cheese cloth and then scoop up my goods with a pasta strainer.
7) Once yoru goods are in there fold the edges of the cheese cloth over the top and let it drain freely a little
8) Pop your gloves on and squeeze as much of the moisture out of the plant matter as possible, getting all the water ( and butter contained in it ) back into the pot.
9) Once you have put all the matter through the cheese cloth and your happy itís all drained well , simply put your pot ( or a different container with the pots contents) into the fridge so that the contents can solidify and separate over night , the next day go to your pot or container and remove the butter that will just be sitting on the top of the water in a solid form, put this into an airtight container in the fridge. Now we are done with the larger pot so empty out the water and go wash up.
Ok now for those of you just wanting normal everyday cannabutter in broken chunks you can all stop here and enjoy your butter with your chosen meals for any one wanting to improve their butter and shape it back to a block then have a look at the continuations to this tutorial found at the links below